Monday, August 12, 2013

A Classic

The most classic look of the Rally was a far cry from leather, boots or tattoos.  I had to stop for gas at a station half way between Sturgis and Rapid City.  It was crowded with motorcycles coming and going from every direction.   As I pulled up to the pump, I noticed a silver car that resembled my own parked at the next pump over.  I was awestruck by the little old lady who had just finished filling her tank.  A frail little lady, probably at least 70 made her way through the throng of bikes without a moment's hesitation.  She was wearing a flowing floral skirt and white blouse, beige strapped pumps, and carrying an oversized brown leather purse.  She completed her ensemble with a bright red tightly fitting hat  that appeared to be made of nylon netting material.  I nearly followed her into the station to get a better look; but instead, I watched the looks of the many bikers (male and female) who may have shared my reaction "What a classy woman"....

No comments:

Post a Comment