Saturday, January 5, 2013

Quite a picture

They say one should learn to laugh at herself...in my old age that is becoming quite easy.  Yesterday I was forced to leave my sick bed to run to the pharmacy for medications.  I pulled my sweatpants on over my pajama bottoms and a sweatshirt over my pajama top, and traded my slippers for a pair of white  tube socks.  I stopped to give myself the once-over in the bathroom mirror--oh my, two day bed head is impossible to change, so I opted for a wool hat.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the hat in the car once I arrived at the store.   As I took my place in line behind the many frail elderly, I noticed a couple sidelong glances and a few folks slowly inching away.  My turn was seriously delayed by the prissy little old lady in front of me who whas buying clearance items (10 and 15 cent prizes) and returning others.  Her time at the counter--6 minutes, 3 seconds--her cost $14.35;  my time at counter 2 min 12 seconds==total cost $60.30.  Thank goodness there is no "priceless" photo to document this experience.

1 comment: