Sunday, January 6, 2013
Blessings
Years ago, my dear neighbor, Theresa Esser (a life long Catholic) interpreted some of the Church rules to make them more manageable. For instance, if you give up alcohol for Lent it ok to start drinking at midnight on Saturday night because Sunday is a holy day rather than a day of Lent. She also advised that attendance counted as long as you arrived before the Gospel. Today I watched Mass with all the other "homebound" Catholics in SD. There was apparently some type of glitch in the programming since the Lennox sales ad came on right after the Gospel. When this happened the screen would stop and Mass would start over from the beginning. I wonder if I was tripley blessed today, since I listened to the same Gospel three times....I will have to ask Theresa next time I see her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment