Sunday, January 27, 2013

Men & repairs

I have always gotten that "condescending" look when describing how something is broken--whether it is the car, the refrigerator or other home gadgets.   A few weeks ago my garage door would start down and then automatically return up when it reached a point about 2 feet from the ground.  For several days I would try realigning the little green lights, curse, try again, remove all debri, curse and try again.  Finally one morning I simply manually opened the damn door myself after 20 minutes of trying to coax it to work.  For about a week I had been manually opening and closing the door when my brother-in-law stopped by to check it out.  He gave me that "look", pulled down on the red handle and directed me to hit the button.  The door magically lifted and closed--he gave me the "you are as dumb as a box of rocks look" and asked if I had any other projects.  The next morning the door opened with the flip of the switch and actually closed as I backed out of the driveway.  That was the ONLY day it worked--I have been raising and lowering it by hand ever since.   Suspect that if I mention it to Dave, he will tell me it must be something I am doing wrong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment