Sunday, May 12, 2013
Yet another lesson ...
It has been a beautiful weekend--in the 70's with very little wind. So I tackled my yard work--mowing, weed eating, pulling weeds in the garden, potting vegetables, leaf blowing, raking, fertilizing, mulching and planting grass seed. Alas, the lesson--prior to the last snow storm, I planted grass seed in the corner of the yard. Thought I was so smart to capture the moisture of snow to germinate the grass seed. Sadly, that did not happen so on Saturday I replanted--not just the corner, but I planted seed in some of the winter "bare spots" too. I tried to ignore it last evening, but realized my mistake this morning....seems every bird in the county showed up for Mother's Day Buffet of freshly laid grass seed. Now I know why they put those burlap things over the top when they plant grass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment