Monday, May 6, 2013
Charity Walk
I volunteered to participate in the annual MS Walk this year without a second thought. It is a great cause and how tough can it be. On Saturday morning, I joined my friends for the three mile paved walk. We were circling the same space 6 times. The third time around I was feeling rather proud of myself for keeping up the pace and not being winded. On the last trip around, I gratefully headed for my car (at a much slower pace). I noticed that I was walking alone, so I turned to ask my friends if they were going to go in for the promised pizza. They both shook their heads and had the audacity to tell me we still had one more lap to complete. I disagreed, but they remained quite firm. They did offer me the opportunity to sit down while they finished the walk....since they didn't offer to call it good, I joined them for the last trip around. As we walked to our cars, my friend advised me that I had just completed a 5K--who knew. Then she suggested that in the future I should not wear jeans for such a run! I am just grateful they couldn't see me hobble about my house for the next 24 hours trying to get the kink out of my hip! This may be my first and last 5K.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment