Tuesday, March 12, 2013

For the birds....

Housesitting has its perks...indoor temperature well above the 66 degrees at home; a fireplace in the bedroom instead of the electric blanket at home; 12 times the 21 TV channels I have at home, including UND sports channel and the HGTV Network; a new temprupedic mattress,  15+ years newer than mine; an attached garage with remote entry as opposed to my detached garage without working remote; daily newspaper delivery rather than the e-edition; and a closet full of clothing much more stylish than the well-worn, outdated wardrobe at home.

In spite of the perks, I have discovered that keeping a dozen bird feeders filled is an unpleasant task if one is really not a "bird" person.  Watering plants or walking dogs--no problem but this bird feeder activity requires a talent I lack.  I know this because I managed to inadvertently open a feeder I was filling, leaving a large pile of seeds on the deck AND who knew there are so many varieties of birdseeds in the first place.   There will be no "bird buffet" while I am doing the cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment