Saturday, February 9, 2013
Whooops...
Have you seen the card that says "of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"? I am beginning to identify with that quote. I drove home from a conference today driving a car from work, which had to be returned to the office. With a weather advisory looming, I quickly unloaded my belongings and headed north to the office. When I am 23 miles from home, it occurs to me that in my haste, I have failed to bring my purse or my office keys. Now what? I can return home and try to explain the extra miles on the car or I can go to the office and ask security to let me in although I have no ID. I have pulled over on an off-ramp pondering my options when I decide I should simply return home for keys. It is not until I am back on the Interstate, that I realize I have returned to the Northbound lane....Not only am I forgetful but now I am confused as well. I fear the nursing home may be just around the corner! (Thank goodness I was able to reach a friend from work who lives nearby, collected her office keys, returned the car and found my way back home)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment