Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Meditation

I signed up for a free meditation class...have never mastered meditation nor have I taken a class before.   Attended my first class on Monday evening, what an experience.  I have never been "smudged" until now--no one explained but I think it has to do with negative energy entering the room.  I took my seat next to a 70 something woman from Ireland named Bridget.  I was surprised to see the room fill to at least 14 with one young man and women of many ages.  Thankfully, there was another meditation virgin attending her first class as well.  Everyone else knew each other well-perhaps too well.  The lights were dimmed, eyes closed and the relaxing music began with a recorded male voice directing the breathing in and out.  Within 60 seconds I realized that I had a death grip on the arms of my chair so I rested my arms on my lap.  I will say it was very relaxing--I think Bridget was sleeping next to me, although I did not hear any snoring.  The other "newbie" continued to chew her gum faster than a power nail gun, but I do think I relaxed.  The instructor said I seemed to melt-until it was time for the Tibet bowl.   (I will say no more as I am in my "positive, happy place"..

No comments:

Post a Comment