Thursday, April 4, 2013
Mr. Wilson
The spring weather has brought out not only the daffodils and robins, but the neighbor children, too. I have had to wait while they moved their go carts from my driveway at the end of the day, smile when they stand with faces pressed against my new glass front door and hold my breath as they jump from the front step to their awaiting bikes, trikes and other wheeled contraptions. Today when I returned after work, I was greeted by two small boys hanging from the tree in my front yard. As I went to the mailbox the oldest one let me know he had already checked the box and I had lots of mail today. Before I could close the garage door, the younger boy was already at the car door with his smiling little face and questions about the contents of my messy garage. I waited for him to return to the driveway before closing the garage door, feeling very much like Mr. Wilson in the Dennis the Menace cartoon. Is this when I yell, Martha....?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment