Monday, April 1, 2013
Computer technology
My favorite hockey team, UND Fighting Sioux, was playing in the national season tournament over the weekend. Since I began my financial diet, I have only 22 TV channels, none of which is a sports channel. So I explored the option of computer "streaming" (whatever that means) of the game. Late Friday afternoon I was able to watch my team win and move to the next level in the Frozen Four. Saturday was a different story. When I attempted to view the game online, I was redirected to the Midcontinent page which required a user name and password. Apparently this is not the same user name/password I use to pay my bill OR they were having technical difficulties. Half way through the second period (I could hear the game) I found a website that would provide live coverage for $7.95. I provided my credit card information and was "successful". Imagine my dismay when I could still not get a live webcast of the game. I immediately sent my email requesting assistance and continued to listen to the game, which was steadily going downhill. At the end of the game, which my team lost, I received an email telling me that the game was only available on audio-feed, do not reply to this message. Guess this was one of those times when I should have left well enough alone....lesson learned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment