Sunday, September 7, 2014
Just my luck
I was recently prescribed "compression" stockings by my primary care doc...what an experience. Who knew you had to be fitted and measured for something so simple. (Although they were $55 per stocking--which is more than I pay for a pair of shoes). When the lady at the front desk told me that Jerry would be helping me I had no idea that meant "up close and personal". Unfortunately Jerry turned out to be about 55 yrs old, 50 pounds overweight with low hanging pants, an untucked shirt, and sweating profusely. Nothing to get too excited about as he measured my height and my thigh. The first time I wore the expensive new hose, I determined that Jerry needs a new job. Not only are they the color of my deceased great-grandmother's elastic topped stockings they are definitely the wrong size. They are so long I must either roll them down at the top or risk getting them wet when I do my "bathroom business". Guess I would feel worse if a new pair of shoes fit that poorly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment