Thursday, September 11, 2014
Fair weather friend
Yesterday the weatherman was predicting snow...yes, on September 10th. It was cold, cloudy and even drizzling, but I was certain he was wrong. I remembered how my twin sister insisted that there really was "NO" real winter weather in Rapid City when she was encouraging me to leave the south and move home. Well, I have determined that I am a negative conduit to the weather powers that be....there has not been a mild winter since I moved here. This one is no exception, since we have had several inches of snow today--the cold, wet, chill you to the bone kind of snow. Only thing that warmed me up this morning as I drove to work were the warm tears rolling down my cheeks (and perhaps the hot tea/spice brandy I had when I returned home). I seriously considered retiring early and moving south, but refilled my Prozac instead. I will find my electric lap blanket this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment