Sunday, December 1, 2013

Holiday rituals!

Before returning to South Dakota, I had my own Thanksgiving Day routine.  Rather than spend 10 hours driving and taking a day off, I decided to return to my former routine.  Certainly family holidays are more memorable; but my tradition is far more relaxing!  I started the day by sleeping in (in spite of the text messages that started at 7:15am).  I enjoyed my coffee and English muffin, reading in bed.  Most of the day was spent preparing the house and tree for Christmas.  Enjoying mimosas, pizza and hot wings as the day progressed.  I managed to watch a bit of football and take a break or two to read or nap.  By evening the decorating was done and the decoration tubs returned to the garage.  I went to bed early and worked Friday.  The presents are wrapped, house is clean and the last day of the Thanksgiving weekend winding down.  Sometimes solitary routines are just what I need to recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment