Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Aging a Valuable lesson
I have been trying to unpack and get settled, now that my belongings are finally here. Everyday I find myself saying aloud "I am too old for this". When I get tired walking the trails, I remind myself it's because I am old. When I crawl into bed before 10 pm I think to myself, get your rest - you're old. Today, I met a college campus Veteran Program manager who is 82 yrs old. He recently had back surgery but still walks to work everyday. Not only that he hikes regularly--going to the bottom of the Grand Canyon several times per year. Last weekend, he married a "younger woman", 81 who shares all these activities with him. Absolutely amazing--I am counting the days until I can retire and he is living every day to the fullest.....apparently it is not the number but the attitude--hopefully I can learn this lesson!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment