Friday, August 29, 2014

There is NO such thing as aging Gracefully!!

I have made many changes over the past months....and in the process I have gained a new perspective on life.    I always anticipated that my life would be "short"--after all, I have taken many risks over the years, found myself in  many unsavory (and sometimes illegal) situations and have a family history of heart problems.  My dad used to say that every day after 57 was a gift.   I share  those sentiments!


Well, although I remain (and will always will be) 39; the clock is ticking.  This year was not a milestone birthday year; BUT, I have made every effort to reconnect with the many friends I have made over the years moving from SD to ND to IA to KS to MO to OK and back to SD.   In addition, I have clocked many hours with my family from my aging mother to my youngest great-nephew.   Wow, I am blessed!  Of course, my experiences have made for many "stories", "memories" and "lessons". 


When my friend Melani suggests that if I am going to lie about my age, I should at least make it believable, I just shake my head.  When the 70 yr old guy at the car dealership tells me I am probably his son's age  (a bit passed 39), I smile and agree!  I am not demented, I just refuse to   accept the numbers.  So I am determined to find humor in this process of aging without adding to the number!!


Example:  Kohls sends a $10 gift certificate for one's birthday month.....rather than buy a new bra, sexy underwear or even a sparkly necklace--this year, I used the certificate toward my FIRST pair of support hose.....wonder how they will look with my mini-skirt!


My poor arthritic hands had a terrible time putting them on for the first time--tight fit!  (not sure when I heard that last??)

No comments:

Post a Comment