Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Survival Skills
I have not had the opportunity to camp with gal pals since leaving Missouri..until this past weekend. Lucky for me, I was able to join a couple friends in a lovely self-contained, air-conditioned, spacey travel trailer this past weekend. It was the like the Ritz compared to the bucket/bleach days of the torn screen pop up camper. Oh but what fun my friends and I had back then. We learned to somehow tune out the sounds of roaring generators, laughing/crazy neighbors and mosquitos buzzing in our ears. I am happy to report that in the lap of luxury I was able to teach my young friends the value of "tuning out" or at least bringing ear plugs. After an evening of lots of talk and even more beer, we retired for the night. Unfortunately, my friends had not learned those valuable "tuning out" lessons. My snoring was apparently so disturbing that one of them slept in the backseat of the car and the other was jogging by 5:30 am just to escape the "sounds of sleep".....bet they will be prepared next time. Lesson learned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment