Thursday, October 27, 2011

The simple things

The past several months have been a bit of a challenge for me. I have decided to make a list of all those "little" things that I am going to appreciate when I am back to my norm. These are some of the things, I miss most--laughing out loud until the tears roll down my cheeks; listening to the radio and singing along at the top of my lungs as I drive down the highway; cheering (or cursing) my favorite sports teams as I watch them on TV; sitting around a loud crowd at the local bar and telling favorite stories over cold beers; and surprisingly enough, church hymns with the congregation singing along whether they can carry a tune or not. I may even come to appreciate the sound of the clock ticking away the seconds when there is no need to worry about the time of day! My list continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment